Saturday, July 25, 2015

Papa's 90th

Last month we went to Papa's 90th birthday party and I'm now just getting around to posting about it. I thought that maybe I wouldn't but then I decided to because I wanted to remember it. :) 
All of us plus Zach and the twins (Emily stayed home since she had to work) loaded up in  the van on the 12th of June and away we went to Benton City, Washington. The 5 hour drive was filled with lots of different things like reading a book, listening to music, and trying to sing a song that Dad wanted us to sing. (we hadn't ever heard it before so we just had to sight read it and sing it like it was written. It was kinda funny cuz it sounded pretty bad.) When we finally got to Benton City was when I realized I had left all of my makeup at home. I was so bummed! How could I forget that?! Oh well, Mom and Janeal graciously let me use some of their makeup so I survived. ;) It was a great weekend celebrating with Papa, hanging out with our cousin, playing games, going up the mountain, and just being together. Here are some pictures:



I will probably get in trouble for posting this picture (once Tommy sees it) but I thought it was funny anyways. This is what vacation is about, right? ;)

Michael set up a swing and the twins loved swinging on it! Kyle is pushing them in this picture

Aunt Vicki and Janeal getting ready for the party the night before!

I was bored on one of the days (don't remember if it was Friday evening or Saturday morning) so I picked up this paper plate and started a doodle on it. It actually turned out a lot better then I thought it would! :)

Dad setting up for the party

This face!!! Uhhh soo cute

So while we were all getting ready, I come inside and looked in the living room to see Tommy sleeping. I was just like, "Oh brother..." So I found Uncle Greg and told him Tommy was sleeping so he got Papa's cane and tried to wake him up. It was kinda funny

Theres that face again! 

Michael taking care of Granny's roses

This was after the dinner and everything now. Tommy and Benjamin were both a little stuffed

Kyle and Janeal

Papa with his birthday cake!

I took this picture from the chair where Granny usually would sit. She would always look out this window and watch the school buses. This time when we went, I wished she could have still been there since we had that swing set up. She would have loved to sit and watch the twins on that! She never got to meet them but I'm so thankful that Papa has met his great grandsons. 

The party was already done and cleaned up at this time and everyone was hanging out in the shade

All the Arnhart men (minus Baby Dwight)

Then in the evening everyone pictured went up to the mountain to take a picture. This was so fun to go with my siblings and going up there was a lot of fun too. We piled in the back of Papa's pickup and on the 5 minute drive while we are still on the real road instead of the gravel road going up the mountain, we were all trying to hide so no one would see us. 

When we came back down, we saw some police light flashing and we were all like, "Oh great! The police is gonna see us and pull us over! So when we got on to the real road again, we all hunched over so the police wouldn't see us. It was funny cuz right when we had all hunched over, I looked over at Zach and he had put his hand right on that window so it was just a hand. I was like, "Zach, put your hand down!!" Anyways, I took this picture right after we had gone past the police. We were all a little nervous. Hahaha, good times.


No comments:

Post a Comment