Friday, September 18, 2015

Musings

  I sit here with my own homemade blanket gently wrapped around my lap and my headphones playing the Messiah. Yes, it is a bit too early for Christmas music, but you can get away with listening to the Messiah in September especially when practices start up. I've thought long and hard about whether or not I should participate in the Messiah this year, and I've decided that I am going to do it because I didn't last year and I missed it a little. The Messiah to me feels like such a great way to start the Christmas season.
 The other thing that I like about the Messiah is how it is all scripture so sometimes when I'm reading my Bible, I will come to some of the verses that are in the Messiah and I will always feel like singing them instead of reading them normally. Mom and I are memorizing Psalms 24 in school right now and the next verses that I'm going to be memorizing are, "Lift up your heads, oh ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors, and the king of glory shall come in. Who is the king of glory? The Lord strong and Mighty, the Lord mighty in battle." I told Mom that I would be able to memorize those verses really easy since I already know them from the Messiah. That is an advantage with the Messiah.

 Tommy is coming back home tonight. That might explain why I am randomly writing a blog post about the Messiah. William and I are both waiting up for Dad, Mom, and him to come home. I'm hoping they will be home sometime around 12, but I'm not sure. Its 11:23 right now and past my bedtime but its Friday. We are both on our computers and its not the most fun thing to do, but I'm glad to be writing another blog post. Plus, we can't watch a movie or play a game because we have to be quiet for Janeal who has to wake up early tomorrow. But, I'm still pretty excited to see Tommy again. Its been awhile now. The picture that I posted on Instagram the day he left finally says that I posted it 4 weeks ago which I have been waiting for it to say for awhile now.

 I guess my blog post is going to be done now. I need to go look at that email and figure out what I need to do before the 1st Messiah practice, Monday.

P.S. Picking a title for blog posts is the hardest thing...



No comments:

Post a Comment