Happy 4th of July!! Hopefully you had a fun 4th! What did you do? My day was fun....we all headed down to Grandpa and Grandma's house to help Uncle Fred buck hay. Michael, William, and Tommy all got a special shirt to wear just for the occasion. (it was a Christmas present from Uncle Fred.) I got lots of fun pictures and put kind of a lot up. As I was uploading the pictures I decided that there will probably only be about 1 reader who will appreciate this post and that will be Nikki since she is family! Make sure to show your family these pictures, Nikki. ;) I'll explain the pictures as we go so...here we go!! :)
 |
| Part of the crew putting hay in the barn |
 |
| there was a little kitten in the barn where we were and I love this picture of it :) |
 |
| out in the hay field, Jakob and Tommy pose for the camera |
 |
Lots of hay....I love how you can kind of see Grandma brown house in the background
and Uncle Fred's house too! |
 |
| Oh...Tommy and Jakob again....haha |
 |
| I think they are happy with their load |
 |
This is defiantly my favorite picture! They didn't know I was taking it so thats why
I like it. :) |
 |
| Tommy, Jakob, and William going home on the hay truck! |
 |
| the 'Oy' crew |
This was one of the pictures I was going to explain. The reason why they were called, "Oy" was because...(I think this is how it started anyways) whenever Jakob would lift a heavy bale he would say, "Oy!" and then the others would hear him and it just kinda stuck! Uncle Fred decided that he would make special shirts that said, "OY Hay Fest 2012" for all the boys to wear during the hay season and so...that's the story behind these shirts. Every shirt has their 'nickname' written on the front so that was kind of fun!
Here are the nicknames from left to right: Blake's was Blakey, Michael's was Chief, Uncle Fred's was Pizza, Tommy's was Tommers, Jakob's was Cubby except it was upside down so his was Upside down Cubby, and William's was Hank Jr.
 |
| OY |
 |
Meanwhile...while the Oy crew was posing for the pictures, Janeal, Brooke,
and Kevin were waiting to start bucking the hay! |
 |
| I like this one too! |
 |
| Mom driving the truck. |
 |
| With this many people, the job got done fast! |
 |
like I was saying....I think William wasn't really sure if
he wanted to put his arms up in the air like Jake but he did
it for like 2 seconds and I got the picture. |
 |
and while everyone was putting the hay in the barn...I got to ride the motorcycle.
I'm finally old/big enough to ride it! It was fun |
 |
| Haha, my face looks half happy, half scared! |
 |
| And the last photo is some flowers outside of Grandma's house. :) |
Well, that was my 4th of July! I haven't ever gone and bucked hay on the 4th so it was kinda fun to do something different. I didn't see any fireworks though....={ We didn't have any fireworks and our neighbors didn't either. It was a little sad but I did light off a little dynamite thingy.
Happy 4th!
No comments:
Post a Comment