Tuesday, February 26, 2019

William and Lena's wedding

Time for a very late post about William and Lena's wedding. I love doing these types of posts just so I can remember those fun little details of the day and go through all those pictures again, but as you can see, blogger is pretty quiet these days since I don't usually think in my free time to do a blog post. But today, I'm sitting in the Saskatoon airport, waiting on a delayed flight, and thought,  "Let's do a blog post!" (plus, this internet is much better than mine is at home....;)

The wedding week dawned clear and sunny..........who am I kidding, though? We live in Washington. It was gray, rainy, and cold. But it was the wedding week, so we were all very excited. The ironic thing was that the week before had been so incredibly sunny and hot that it had for sure felt like summer again. I had worked outside that whole week before and my tan was starting to come back which I was okay with. ;) I had requested the whole wedding week off since out of town family and friends would be here, so the last Saturday I worked before entering into that week was an exciting one for sure. I said good bye to my co-workers for the next week and headed home! 

 Lots of highlights included the final bridal shower for Lena on Monday evening that Emily and I planned, getting my nails done with my Wyoming friends and Lena on Tuesday, all the siblings going out to eat on Tuesday afternoon at Red Robin (after much debating about whether we should go to Buffalo Wild Wings or Red Robin. The girls wanted to go to Red's, but the boys like Wings. We decided to let William decide since the only reason all of us siblings were together was because of him, and he chose Red's. That was pretty nice of him. ;) Doing some final wedding shopping with Mom, Janeal, and Aunt Marlene where I bought some super sparkly eye shadow that was a big hit during the wedding, Thursday morning riding all the way out to my work with Priscilla to pick up some flowers for centerpieces and getting to catch up on life with her, arranging flowers with Janeal (she was making fun of me the whole time, that stinker! Next time I might not let her help me! ;) getting to wish Grandma and Grandpa a happy 60th wedding anniversary since Grandma wanted to deliver the pies she made for the rehearsal dinner, the rehearsal and dinner, and then of the course the whole wedding.....hanging out in the morning, getting everything together, getting all ready with the bridesmaids, hanging out, taking pictures, the ceremony, and the reception. It was all so much fun and such a sweet wedding. Everyone who was there felt like God really blessed the whole day....it was for sure one of the sweetest weddings I've been to.

Okay...enough talking. Let's get onto the pictures. :)

Last Sunday with the four of us driving to church together. I told William to take a selfie and of course he was being all goofy and shaking the camera so they were all blurry or just taking pictures of him and Tommy. Those two.....

Lena's shower! The three of  got to Emily's early so we could decorate and Karin joined us and it was super fun just getting to catch up. (Also, we were all matching! I guess we must think alike...)



This was for sure a big highlight of the wedding week! It was so fun getting to see Priscilla and Rebekah again! 

Sibling lunch 

Aunt Marlene and I with our Sephora finds! 

I got to make this fun sign for decoration 



Centerpieces....

....and setting up decorations



These lil cuties...

Getting all ready for the rehearsal dinner

Dad and Zach being bosses with the grills. They made us some super yummy steak

And we had ceaser salad, bread, prawns, potatoes and then of course Grandma's homemade pie! It was so good. (And here's a picture of Jeffrey being...well, Jeffrey. ;) What a goof!)

After the dinner, Janeal and I took apart the big bouquet we had put together and made three more little centerpieces for the champagne tables. 

Zach's family came to hang out with us the morning of the wedding and it was so fun. We were eating leftover pie and goofing off.  During that morning, Benjamin was helping me pick out my earrings for the day and  I was just in my pajamas with my hair all tied up in a messy bun and Benjamin, looked at me all concerned said, "Um, are you going to keep your hair like that for the whole day?" I told him I wasn't and then said, "Why, do you not like it like this?" He said, "Well....it's okay, but I think it would look a lot better if it was down."  It was pretty hilarious because it looked awful, but he was still being super sweet about it. 

Doing Mom's hair quick before heading off to the Balvanz's to do my hair!

The boys doing some last minute prepping at the church

Lena reading the note William had written her. Also, look how beautiful it is outside! Fall is such a beautiful time around our place!


Got my makeup station all set up. I did Lena's, Emily's, helped with Janeal, and Rebekah's. I was super glad I could help!

It was so relaxing getting ready! Kenna was doing hair, I was doing makeup, Rebekah was taking pictures of everything, Mrs. Balvanz was cooking, and we were all just talking and listening to music. I loved this time of the day!

All ready to go! We all got the first view of Lena which was pretty fun. :)



(We loooved those bridesmaid dresses!) 


I love this picture of them! 





Adam and Tommy debating which cookies to eat....

One more little touch up before the ceremony!




William surprised Lena with a song that he sang to her. This was her reaction when Karin started playing the piano! She had no idea! It was pretty great. Everyone loved that part of the ceremony. 

Dwight was the cutest little ring bear! He was up front for just a tiny bit before he had to go sit with Papa. Then about half way through the wedding, he just started crying! When I asked him later what he was crying at, he said that his leg hurt. That kid....:) 

Reception time!

Talking with my boss! I love this picture! 







Saying good bye. Definitely sad, but I was also super happy for both William and Lena. 

No comments:

Post a Comment