The reminiscing continues in 2005...
 |
| Mom made Isabelle and I matching pants. I was so excited! |
.JPG) |
| 4th of July with my new princess bike! |
.JPG) |
| Chicken pox... |
.JPG) |
| Christmas family photo |
.JPG) |
| all the kids! |
.JPG) |
Granny and Papa let me have this doll that I named Freddy. (notice he is crying) |
Warning: the next picture may be a little bit disturbing....
.JPG) |
| This is when I crashed on my bike...More on that story later |
.JPG) |
| 4th of July at the Jennings! |
.JPG) |
This was so much fun! Dad re-did our hard wood floor and we had to 'camp out' in the garage. More on this later too! |
.JPG) |
Well...no...we didn't chop up all this wood. I think we were just sitting on the tractor for the fun of it watching Michael do all the work! |
.JPG) |
| sending Zach off to FL |
.JPG) |
| My 7th Birthday! |
.JPG) |
| Getting a Christmas tree! |
Okay, now I'll tell you about my bike crash. It was probably the worst crash I've ever had. I will try to recount it the best I can!
It all started with me wanting to go with Michael and Tommy on a bike ride down our road. They (of course) didn't want me to come so they were hurrying to get their shoes on and go with out me. I was hurrying too and I got my shoes on really fast and ran to get on my bike and go after them. I knew that I was riding really fast to catch up and I think I actually did, but on the way home I started riding too past and I crashed. I never knew how because the only thing I remember was me riding my bike really fast and then I remember waking up in the van. I head my head so hard that it knocked me out. I guess Michael heard me crying and came and carried me to the house and then they tried to wash my mouth out with water since it had gravel and blood in it. Tommy went to where I had crashed and he found a tooth! I knocked one of my teeth out so I must have hit reallllly hard. Mom took me to the hospital and on the way there is when I finally woke up. The nurses checked me and found out that nothing was wrong...it just looked really bad. My lip went almost all the way back to normal, but if you notice, my smile has never been the same because I still have some of the tissue stuff in my lip that won't ever go away. I'm just thankful that I didn't have some problem with hitting my head so hard!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, about the other picture that I was going to explain.
Dad decided to re-do our floor and that meant that we couldn't walk in the downstairs of our house for a week, I think. We had to climb up a latter to get into the house or climb through windows to get to the family room or living room. We moved lots of food out to the garage and we had to basically do everything outside. It was a lot of fun doing something different. Usually our day would be..wake up, eat breakfast, wait a little bit in the morning for it to warm up, and then swim in the pool the rest of the day. There were lots of fun memories and one of them was funny. It started out that all the kids were suppose to be in bed, but we were actually all in the garage eating the food. I'm not sure where Dad and Mom were, but they thought we were in bed. We were trying to be quiet and sneaky about it and we were going to all sneak over to the latter where we would go to our rooms to go to bed. Well, it didn't work out that way because all of a sudden we heard Dad and Mom coming to the garage. We looked out and saw they were coming both ways and that the only thing we could do was run out and hope we got out in time so we couldn't hear that we were in trouble. I quickly grabbed a hand full of wheat thins and Zach said, "Quick! SCRAM!!" We all went running both ways and meeting up by the latter, we quickly rushed up, got onto the roof, and climbed through the window into the guest room. We were all laughing and catching our breath and I think I ended up sharing my hand full of wheat thins with everyone. That was one of my favorite memories.
Have a great week!
~Caroline
No comments:
Post a Comment